HEYDARIAN, Seyed Hossein
ph.d. in translation studies – cardiff university, uk (2017)
64体育m.a in translation studies - azad university (iau), science and research campus, tehran (2006)
64体育b.a in english language translation - pnu – tehran (2002)
Summary of Teaching Experiences:
64体育2006–2007 payam-e noor university, tehran
· translation of english correspondence and documents
64体育2006–2008 azad university (ir), roodehen campus
64体育· principles & theories of translation
· translation of literary texts
· english morphology
2008–2009 azad university(ir), tehran (south campus)
· principles and methods of translation
· general english for students in technical and engineering courses
· general english for students in humanities
64体育2010-2011 and 2011-2012, cardiff university, school of modern languages
64体育· empirical research in translation studies, in translation methods and skills module for ma students in translation studies
2012–2013 shahid rajaee university, tehran
· translation theories and skills
· practical translation course
64体育2018-2019 azad university(ir), roodehen campus
64体育· readership of ma research theses in translation studies
64体育2019-2020 hunan normal university, foreign studies college
64体育· new perspectives in translation studies (for phd students in translation studies)
· translation criticism (for master students in ts and t&i)
64体育· interdisciplinary approaches in translation studies (for master students in ts and t&i)
Scholarly Articles and Researches:
· ‘A Closer Look into Concept of Strategy and its Implications for Translation Training’ published inBabel62: 1 (2016), pp86–103.[International Federation of Translators (FIT)], John Benjamins Publishing Company.
· ‘Post-colonial Approach in Translation Studies’, published in[Persian] Proceedings of Two Translation Studies Conference64体育s, edited by: Farzaneh Farahzad, Linguistics Cognitive Society of Iran, Tehran: 2004, pp101-106.
· ‘M.A. in Translation Studies: An Untold Story’, published inTranslation Studies Journal1(2), pp.75-82.
· towards a methodology for improving strategy-basedtranslation training: explored through an english-persian case study [phd research]
· an innovative look into a peculiar translation strategy: translating punctuation into lexical items [co-authored, under publication]
Important Seminar Papers:
64体育· ‘translation universals: towards crossing the borders’ presented at cardiff school of european studies, crgpt’s “translating (at) the border” conference (april 2010).
· ‘the role of universal translation strategies in improving translation competence’ presented at graduate conference: new research translation and interpreting studies, universitat rovira i virgili, spain (may 2011).
· ‘behind and across the language barriers: what should we say in translation classrooms?’ (research seminar), presented at cardiff school of european languages, translation and politics organised by lci, cardiff university. (may 2012).
Sample of Professional Experiences:
· 2005 –2009Founder, editor-in-chief and columnist ofDarbareye Tarjomeh(= About Translation: An Iranian Translation Studies Journal), by collaboration of academics and students of translation studies in Azad University (IAU), Science and Research Campus
· 2004 –2009senior experts in translation & hr studies in irisl
64体育· [iranian leading shipping company, in which i have involved in translation and doing human resources projects]
64体育· persian/farsi (native speaker)
64体育· arabic (specially written and grammar: high proficiency)